Saturday, February 27, 2010

09-10 Oscars Preview:

Best Director
- Kathryn Bigelow – The only director smart enough to take politics out of her Iraq War movie
- James Cameron – Wow. Welcome back. I wish you didn’t write the script, but it doesn’t matter. Did I say wow already? While I’ve got you’re here…True Lies 2? Arnold will be free soon.
- Lee Daniels – Made Oprah’s movie. Check out photos of this guy…excuse me sir, but Dolemite 2 try-outs were two decades ago.
- Jason Reitman – This movie was all script and acting…but you were there so, yeah. Welcome. That’s Jim…he’s the king of the world.
- Quentin Tarantino – Finally stepped out of his milieu and made something worthwhile
WILL WIN: Jason Reitman. I don’t think they can bring themselves to go Tarantino so I default to ‘Clooney Year’.
SHOULD WIN: James Cameron. Avatar isn’t a great movie if it’s not in 3D. In fact, it could be Golden Compass-esque. But as a directorial achievement, this is everything Titanic was and more. It’s on a level that no one can match now or will match anytime soon.

No comments: