Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Wiggles Get Down

I just saw the following on i-Tunes:
NEW ALBUM! The Wiggles: Bring the...

And then you had to click to find out what it was. In case you didn't know, the Wiggles are 4 slightly effiminate Australians who sing kids songs on cheesy videos. They are hugely popular. They're sort of what would happen if you had the Teletubbies take off their costumes and sing "No More Monkies Jumping on the Bed". For the weird factor, the Wiggles replace the slightly hermaphrodite-like Teletubby with a character named Captain Feathersword.

So here's a contest - what would be the best title for a Wiggles album with that beginning? I say:
Wiggles: Bring the Funk

On a related note, I can't decide which is more disappointing - becoming numb to a song you used to love or becoming numb to a song you can't stand. You'd think it'd be the first, but I once found myself humming a Maroon 5 song I'd heard on the radio at least once every day for a month from the top40 station at work...and it came on again while I was humming it from the last time I heard it. It was a sobering moment.

No comments: